30 Reasons to Pray in Tongues
Pastor Ian Taylor
- It is evidence you have the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and it encourages you~Acts 2:4, Luke 11:13, John 14:16-17.
- It makes you Conscious of God's indwelling presence~1 John 4:13, 2 Corinthians 13:14.
- It Anchors you in the truth of unbroken communion with God~1 John 1:3,7.
- Praying in tongues is the means by which you turn yourself over to the prayer ministry of the Holy Spirit, and allow him to pray for you and through you~Acts 6:4, Romans 8:26-27.
- When you pray in tongues you pray accurately by the Holy Spirit exactly according to God's will ~Romans 8:26-27, Psalm 138:8.
- You pray the word of God only, not the reasoning of man~Ephesians 6:17-18.
- You are able to make effective intercession for others~Ephesians 6:18-19, Job 22:30.
- Praying in tongues is the delivery system God has given to you to deliver power~the ability to bring forth change. from your spirit and the Holy Ghost into your soul and body~Acts 1:8, Luke 24:49, Ephesians 1:19-20, 2 Corinthians 4:7, Colossians 1:29, Psalms 16:9, Romans 8:10-11.
- It is a means of building yourself up, edifying yourself, charging yourself up like a battery~1 Corinthians 14:4, Psalms 138:3.
- It enhances spiritual power for ministry~Mark 16:17-18, Luke 4:18.. It empowers your words and speaking~Jeremiah 5:14, 23:29, 15:19, Isaiah 49:2.
- Tongues stimulate the anointing~Isaiah 10:27, Philippians 1:19.
- It will build you up so you can operate in the gifts of the spirit~1 Corinthians 12:7-10, 31. It is a doorway to the operation of the other gifts of the spirit~John 14:12-14, Hebrews 2:4, John 10:38.
- It increases your awareness of where you live in Christ, your position~Ephesians 2:6, Revelation 3:21, 1 Corinthians 15: 34, 1 John 4:13, 17, Daniel 11:32.. This is the place of your most Holy Faith~Jude 20.
- Praying in tongues brings you experientially into God's Rest~Matthew 11:28,29, Hebrews 4:10, Hebrews 4:3, Zechariah 4:6, Isaiah 28:11-12.
- It produces a physical renewing and rejuvenation~Isaiah 28:11-12, Isaiah 40:31, Acts 3:19.
- Praying in tongues builds you up in the place within you where unbelief is born and festered~Jude 20, James 4:8, Ephesians 3:16.
- Praying in tongues puts pressure on your soul to line up with your spirit and with God~Luke 1:42, Psalms 103:1. In tongues you are speaking Psalms and hymns and spiritual songs~Ephesians 5:19. It is the fruit of your lips giving thanks, which bubbles up from inside of you~Isaiah 57:19, Hebrews 13:15, Psalms 16:8-9.
- It builds you up in your most Holy Faith when your Faith is operating without the contamination of unbelief and impurities from you soul or flesh~Jude 20. The Faith of Christ ~Galatians 2:20, Philippians 3:9, Romans 12:3, 2 Peter 1:1, 1 Timothy 1:14, 2 Timothy 3:15.
- Praying in tongues keeps you in the love of God while shutting down selfish motivations and impulses ~Jude 21.
- Praying in tongues can insulate you from the thinking and influence of others~John 5:44, 1 Corinthians 14:28.
- Praying in tongues is a most effective way of praising the Lord and giving thanks~1 Corinthians 14:17.
- It is a practical way for you to be continually filled with the Holy Ghost~ Ephesians 5:18, Jude 20.
- It delivers you from error and deception ~1 John 2:26-27, and inoculates you from false doctrines.
- Tongues helps you to access the wisdom of God and the mind of Christ~1 Corinthians 2:5-7,16.
- Tongues is a doorway into Revelation knowledge. Paul who wrote 13 Epistles said that he spoke in tongues "more than you all", read the following scriptures~1 Corinthians 14:2,18, 1 Corinthians 2:7, 12,13. You can also believe for interpretation when you pray in tongues, 1 Corinthians 14:13-14.
- Praying in tongues can help you to locate exactly where in you God speaks from, so that you can know where to monitor and listen for God's voice~Acts 15:25,18, Acts 27:10, Acts 14:9.
- Praying in tongues will fine tune you to God's voice and increase your spiritual alertness~Isaiah 28:11-12, 1 Corinthians 2:15, Hebrews 4:12-13.
- Tongues delivers you from flesh domination where hindrances such as ignorance, character flaws, mortal weakness, even bondages fester ~2 Corinthians 7:1, Romans 8:26.
- Tongues releases the Fire of God for purification~Matthew 3:11, Isaiah 4:4. and helps you overcome character flaws.
- Praying in tongues strengthens you with inflexibility to temptation~Psalms 138:3, Matthew 26:41.Check this 12 messages series about The Benefits Of Tongues. It is vital to your Christian life, you will be transformed if applied.
The Benefit Of Tongues 8 Messages by Pastor Ian are available on CD/DVD when you call our office at 905-549-3884.
28 Parkdale Ave. North, Hamilton, Ontario L8H 5W8, (905)549-3884